GOURMET CLUB OF SOUTH ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA

March 14, 2010

Frances and Elizabeth's Year of the Tiger Dinner


A few days prior to Chinese New Year, Frances and Elizabeth celebrated the Year of the Tiger with an Asian inspired feast in honor of their wonderful friends...






The hostesses toast for Good Luck!

Beverage:
Taro Milk Tea with Boba Pearls
















Course 1:
Handmade Potstickers and Edamame Beans

















Course 2:
Egg Flower Soup
















Course 3:
Eight Treasure Salad















Course 4:
Steamed Corn Custard with Sauteed Crab and Chives















Course 5:
Kiwi-Lime Sorbet
















Course 6:
Braised Honey-Hoisen Pork Ribs with Baby Bok Choy

















Course 7:
Coconut-Lychee Sorbet with Mangos and Lime Juice
















Tea & Cookies:
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Fortune Cookies
Almond Cookies
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry
Strawberry-Kiwi Herbal Tea


8 comments:

Melanie Del Rosario said...

Wow ! Everything looks delicous and I love all the fancy garnishing. Wish I could have been there !

Kathleen said...

Such attention to detail... I loved as I came up your candle lined walkway that you carried your theme outside and decorated your front door. And inside, the little oragami's & the sea of chinese laterns over the table were spectacular. The food was impecable! MY fav.s were the eight treasure salad, the ribs, and the amazing coconut-lychee sorbet. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

You both did such a beautiful job. I love the personal menu based on our birthday. Loved the decorations and the food was amazing. Loved, loved, loved the fun drink, ribs and the salad. Thank you for the wonderful night.

Patty

Anonymous said...

It is so fun to see what everyone has done. It looks amazing. Good job!

Kim

Melanie Del Rosario said...

I want to try the Kiwi sorbet so post your recipes soon !!! The eight treasure salad looks interesting too. Can't wait to find out what was in it !

Rachel said...

Thanks for letting me stop by just minutes before your guests arrived. The pictures are great but they really don't do it justice. It was so beautiful. I wish I had been there to taste everything. Looks delicious! Wonderful job, Elizabeth and Francis! Love you guys!

Teri Pay said...

Wow, everything looks so amazing. The sorbets look really good and I have heard nothing but great things about the salad. I'm sad I had to miss your dinner.

Jill said...

Looks fantastic!! Wish I was there. I heard that it was delicious!